Download: BackCountry Navigator TOPO GPS v6.6.4 Apk | 3.67 MB | Resumable Links | Requires Android:1.6 and up |
Play in the outdoors with GPS and offline topo maps!
What’s in this version :
- My Location Button and Mark button moved to bottom right.
- Change map rotation with Orientation button
- Button placement configurable in Settings->Display.
- Other Fixes
- Use your phone or tablet as an offroad topo mapping GPS with the bestselling outdoor navigation app for Android! Explore beyond cell coverage for hiking, hunting and more.
- Download topo maps for the US and some other countries in advance, so you won’t need cell coverage when navigating.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. It also has some additional content available as an in app purchase:
- Accuterra Map Source on sale for a $20 upgrade. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) for $7.99. Great for hunters, hikers, and prospectors.
- Content from US TrailMaps for $15.99, including:
- Snowmobile Trail Maps for Snowmobiling enthusiasts,
- ATV Trail Maps
- Whitewater Trail Maps,
- Equestrian Trail maps.
- See these in the menu under More-> “Purchasing AddOns”.
- You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
NOTE: If you’ve already purchased this or any paid app, you can install it at any time from ‘My Apps’ in the Android Market.
- Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service! The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS adventures in the backcountry.
- Preload offline topo maps, aerial photos, and road maps on your storage card, so they are ready when you need them for your GPS navigation. Free map source are built into the app.
- Add custom GPS waypoints in longitude and latitude, UTM or MGRS grid reference. Import GPS waypoints from GPX files. Choose mapsource-like icons for GPS waypoints. (This app uses the WGS84 datum, NAD27 is available in settings).
- Use GPS for hunting a waypoint or geocache, for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps.
- About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator. Built in sources include:
- OpenStreetMaps and NASA landsat data worldwide
- OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
- USA Topo Maps
- NR Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
- NOAA RNC Nautical Charts
- USGS Color Aerial photography
- UK Ordinance Survey Explorer Maps
- Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
- Outdoor maps of Germany and Austria
- Topo maps of New Zealand
- Above sources are generally free to use.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
- As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
- Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or find your way back to camp with GPS.
- Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
- Recon for the hunt or a live hunting trip.
- Bait fishing or fly fishing with a buddy: mark your favorite fishing spots and navigate.
- Search and Rescue (SAR).
- Kayak and canoe trips on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
- Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests to navigate on trails with the GPS.
- Snow adventures including snowmobiling, skiing (alpine or cross country) and snowshoeing. Try this on snowmobile trails with the new addon.
- Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing into new territory beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for allsports for the outdoors.
- BackCountry Navigator has been previously available on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun.
- For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Your android phone could substitute for a Garmin or Magellan outdoor handheld GPS!